Stephan's Charity Involvement
Stephan has donated his time, talents and
original works of art to many organizations:
- Volunteers of America
- SPCA New Orleans
- Tulane University's Annual Toy Drive
- Raintree Children and Family Services
- FestiGals Bodacious Bras for a Cause
- Illinois Eye Bank
- Tipitinas Foundation's Louisiana Legends Art Piano raised raised $15k for new instruments.
- In 2011, for the Rudolph Matas Elementary School in Metairie, LA - Stephan volunteered his time three full days a week for six months to create The Taste of Louisiana exhibit. Featuring twelve 4'(H) x 4'(W) images of iconic Louisiana foods.
- In 2012, for the Andrew Wilson Charter School in New Orleans, LA - Stephan volunteered his time two full days a week for about six months to create The Louisiana: Pick Your Passion exhibit. Featuring eight 4'(H) x 6' (W) iconic images of Louisiana.
- Stephan Wanger's Bead Town activities raised $13k in 2012 through the Super Service Challenge for the Andrew Wilson Charter School ($5k), St. Michael Special School ($3k), The Jefferson Chamber Foundation Academy ($2k), St. Paul's Homecoming Center ($2k) and The Arc of Greater New Orleans ($1k)
- Since 2011, Stephan has volunteered his time and instructed over 10,000 children as far as Halifax, Nova Scotia in Canada, Chicago, IL, Northwest, IN and all over Louisiana in schools or museums on how to make artworks out of recycled Mardi Gras beads and other materials.
Weekly time was spent at:
- The Rudolph Matas Elementary School
- The Andrew Wilson Charter School
- The Jefferson Chamber Foundation Academy
- The Sci Academy of East New Orleans
- The Audubon Charter School
- The Delhi Charter School
- In 2013 Stephan implemented the Natchitoches Legacy Art Project, a merchandising program that will build a trust fund in order to address the educational needs of children and youth that cannot afford or finance education.